Sig's Steak, Ale and Mustard Pie.
You can cook Sig's Steak, Ale and Mustard Pie using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sig's Steak, Ale and Mustard Pie
- You need 700 gr of best stewing steak, cubed.
- Prepare 250 gr of red onions, chopped.
- It’s 500 ml of very dark ale or stout.
- Prepare 3 of knorr type beef stock cubes or 1-2 oxo type cubes, to taste.
- Prepare 6 cloves of smoked garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 tablespoon of French mustard.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of creamed horseradish.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of crushed black pepper.
- Prepare to taste of Salt, optional.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cornflour mixed with a little cold milk or water.
- You need 350 gr of shortcrust pastry.
- It’s 350 gr of puffpastry (or 700 gr shortcrust in total).
- You need 1 of whisked egg.
- You need of for shortcrust pastry.
- It’s 250 gr of plain flour.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 115 gr of butter/ cold cubed.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of cold water.
Sig's Steak, Ale and Mustard Pie instructions
- Chop the meat into inch big cubes. Heat pan, sear the meat, add the onion..
- Either add into a slow cooker or cook over a long time on low temperature on stove top, add a little of the ale in pot on stove. This may foam up but will settle quickly. For cooking in slow cooker add a little of the ale into pan to get all the searing flavour of the bottom of pan then add this into the slow cooker with the meat. Either way add the rest of the ale and all the other ingredients except the salt and pastry. Only add the salt towards the very end for taste if needed..
- When the meat is almost falling apart turn of the slow cooker or the pot on the stove. Pour all the sauce into a small sauce pan, boil until reduced by half. Mix cornflour with about 3-4 level teaspoons of cold milk or water as desired add to the sauce to make a thick gravy. Add to the meat, let it cool down, or pastry might get soggy..
- You can make your own pastry or use shop bought pastry either is fine. Line the bottom of your pie dish with rolled out shortcut pastry, then egg wash the edges before you top with puff pastry or just shortcrust pastry.
- Crimp the pastry over and egg wash the pastry. Bake pie in preheated oven at 180 for about 25 to 30 minutes or until crispy golden brown. Enjoy.
- For the shortcrust pastry as it is easiest put the flour into a big bowl. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour until you have a mixture that looks like breadcrumbs, there should be no lumps of butter left in the mix. Make sure it does not become to greasy..
- Add water just a little at a time to start binding the dough together. Then wrap the dough in kitchen wrap / cling film and put it into the fridge for about 20 minutes. Then roll out onto a lightly floured board as needed..
Picking The Right Foods Can Help You Stay Fit And Healthy When it comes to the foods that you eat, you will notice that your overall health can be effected either positively or even negatively. One of the foods you should be avoiding is any foods you get at a fast food location. You will notice that the nutrition in these kinds of is non existent and the unwanted effects can be very bad. That is why we are going to be going over the healthy foods that you should be eating that will have a beneficial effect on your health. You will notice that various kinds of berries can be very good for your health. You will find that most berries have massive amounts of Vitamin C that you must realize is good for your body. Almost all berries also have an awful lot of anti-oxidants, which is really beneficial to your overall health and is especially good for your circulatory system. Most folks already understand that cells begin to break down with time and the addition of antioxidants in your diet can help keep your cells far healthier for longer periods of time. You must remember your parents telling you to actually eat your vegetables, that is simply because this is extremely important for a healthy body. Potassium is among the things that you will find in various vegetables, and of course they also contain many different vitamins and minerals you will also need. You will notice that one of the veggies we are discussing is broccoli, which is full of potassium. Spinach can also be something that you may wish to start eating more of as it contains a lot more vitamins and minerals than other vegetables. Although some of you love to have your snack foods, as opposed to reaching for the potato chips try getting some nuts. One of many health benefits of these types of nuts and seeds will be the Omega-3 and Omega-6 that can be obtained in them. Your system will use these fatty acids as a building block for creating hormones which your body needs to stay healthy. Some of these hormones that are needed are only able to be created by having these fatty acids in your diet. Your primary meals should also incorporate fish like salmon or even lean proteins, as these will also be in a position to help your health. The fact that salmon is also full of Omega-3 is just one of the reasons why it is a good choice, but it additionally contains other essential nutrients you’ll need. And whenever it comes to lean protein, you should keep in mind that you only have to have about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. You should also trim off any excess fat that you find on the specific meats that you’re planning to eat. Everyone likes to have dessert following their meals and if you are one of those men and women you may want to think about some citrus fruit. All of the nutrition in citrus fruit, including vitamin C, are in addition necessary for preserving your health. You may also want to mix a few things like orange sections, shredded coconut mixed with a teaspoon of honey. For those who want to get started living a healthier life the tips above are able to help you do that. The one thing that you should actually avoid is all of the processed foods which you can easily purchase in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.