Brad's Marinated Flank Steak & Ravioli Marinara.
You can cook Brad's Marinated Flank Steak & Ravioli Marinara using 32 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's Marinated Flank Steak & Ravioli Marinara
- You need of For the steak.
- Prepare 3-4 lb of flank steak.
- You need 3 cloves of minced garlic, divided.
- It’s 2 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of red wine, I used cabernet.
- It’s of Sea salt and white pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of rubbed sage.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chili flakes.
- You need 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of each, dry thyme, oregano, and parsley.
- It’s 3 of basil leaves, bruised.
- It’s 8 of lg crimini mushrooms, sliced thin.
- You need 1 of medium sweet onion, sliced thin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- You need of For the ravioli.
- It’s of Proper servings of desired ravioli.
- Prepare 2 of lg can crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of medium can of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 of small shallots, minced.
- You need 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 4 of Roma tomatoes, cut into 1 " squares.
- It’s 2 of beef bouillon cubes.
- It’s 2 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of each, dried mustard, salt, pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of each, dried oregano, dried thyme, chili powder.
- You need 6 of lg fresh basil leaves, chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of quality parmesan cheese, grated.
Brad's Marinated Flank Steak & Ravioli Marinara instructions
- Marinate the steak. Add all ingredients for steak except mushrooms, 2 cloves garlic, onions, and brown sugar in a large ziploc bag. Mix well and add steak. Remove as much air from bag as possible. Place in fridge overnight..
- When ready to cook, start with the marinara sauce. Heat a lg Dutch oven over medium heat. Add olive oil and shallots. Saute until shallots sweat off but do not brown. Add garlic and saute a couple more minutes. Add rest of ingredients except ravioli and parmesan cheese. Bring to a simmer and adjust seasoning to taste. Simmer at least an hour, covered..
- Heat 2 lg frying pans over medium heat and get 4 qts salted water on to boil..
- Add 1 tbs oil to each pan. Be careful when you add the steak to the pan. The oil may pop a bit. Add the mushrooms and onions to the other pan. Cook steak until it browned well on all sides. If pan is oven safe. Put into a 375 degree oven on the middle rack for 8-10 minutes. Saute mushrooms and onions until the water has sweated off..
- Turn heat to medium low. Continue to saute until you start to see caramelization. Add remaining garlic and brown sugar. Saute until well caramelized..
- Meanwhile cook ravioli per instruction. Drain and rinse in hot water..
- Remove steak from oven and let rest for 5-7 minutes covered with foil. Slice..
- Plate ravioli, top with sauce. Garnish with parmesan fresh basil and olives (optional). Plate sliced steak. Top with onions and mushrooms. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Deciding On The Best Foods Will Help You Stay Fit As Well As Healthy One thing that some of you may already recognize is that by consuming the right foods can have a massive effect on your health. One of the foods you ought to be avoiding is just about any foods you get at a fast food location. The foods that you get from these fast food places are foods that are very unhealthy, loaded with fat and generally have little to no nutrition. In this posting we’re going to be going over foods that you need to be eating that can help you remain healthy. Your overall health can be greatly improved upon by simply eating plenty of berries. You will find that most berries have huge amounts of Vitamin C that you must realize is good for your body. Yet another thing you will understand is that the antioxidants in berries will be higher than just about any other food that you may choose to eat and this can aid with your circulatory system. Most people already know that cells begin to break down with time and the addition of antioxidants in your diet will help keep your cells far healthier for longer periods of time. While most of you have been told time and time again that vegetables are good for you, and there is a really good reason why. Potassium is one of the things that you will locate in various vegetables, and of course they also contain many various vitamins and minerals you will additionally need. For instance, broccoli has plenty of potassium to present you with your daily recommended allowances. Another thing you might want to try is the next time you make a salad try working with spinach as an alternative to your traditional lettuce as you will realize that there are a lot more nutrients that can be found in those leaves. While some of you love to have your snack foods, rather than reaching for the potato chips try grabbing some nuts. The majority of nuts will have plenty of protein and you can additionally find that many nuts and seeds will even provide your system with vital Omega-3 and Omega-6. Your system will use these fatty acids as a building block for creating hormones that your body requires to stay healthy. One thing you may not realize is that a variety of hormones that you need will only be able to be created when you have these fatty acids. Now when it comes to the primary food items that you should have for dinner, you may want to be certain that you’re eating plenty of fish, especially salmon, and lean protein. The point that salmon is also loaded with Omega-3 is just one of the reasons why it is a good choice, but it additionally contains other necessary nutrients you’ll need. Then when it comes to lean protein, you should remember that you only need to have about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. You should also trim off any excess fat that you find on the particular meats that you plan to eat. Citrus fruit will be one of the better things that you could have for your desserts, rather than having a piece of cake or perhaps ice cream. Citrus fruits in addition provide you with vitamin C, together with other vitamins and also minerals that can help keep you healthy. One desert that I have always loved is orange pieces blended together with shredded coconut and mixed together with a gentle honey dressing. For people who want to get started living a more healthy life the tips above are able to help you do that. Also if you remove all the refined food that you shouldn’t be eating anyway, you will probably find that you could end up living a longer life.