Salted Cod Stew.
You can have Salted Cod Stew using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salted Cod Stew
- Prepare 2 of medium onions, finely sliced.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, finely sliced.
- It’s 50 ml of olive oil.
- It’s 50 ml of white wine.
- You need 2 of tomato, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 of Green pepper, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 of red pepper, sliced.
- You need 1-2 of salted cod pieces, previously soaked in water.
- It’s 500 g of potatoes, peeled and sliced.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Ground black pepper.
- You need to taste of Chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sweet paprika.
- Prepare of Small handful of fresh parsley or a sprig of oregano.
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
Salted Cod Stew step by step
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and fry the onions, garlic and bay leaf for a few minutes until soft and translucent..
- Next add the wine and as soon as it starts to simmer add the tomato, potatoes and peppers. Allow to cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut the cod pieces into smaller pieces and add to the saucepan, sprinkle with salt if needed, paprika and black pepper..
- Add the parsley or oregano and just enough water to the top of the potatoes. Cover with a lid. Turn the heat down and stew for 30-35 minutes. Stir the stew occasionally until cooked..
The Food Items You Choose To Eat Will Certainly Effect Your Health Many men and women do not fully grasp that the foods you select can either help you to be healthy or can adversely effect your health. Something that you should not eat no matter what is the different foods that you will find at all of those take out places. The foods that you receive from these fast food places are usually foods that are incredibly unhealthy, loaded with fat and generally have little to no nourishment. You will be happy to know that we are going to inform you of a few of the foods that you need to be consuming every day. Your health can be greatly improved upon by simply eating plenty of berries. The amount of vitamin C that can be seen in berries, is one of the main reasons you need to be eating berries. Another thing you will understand is that the antioxidants in berries is actually higher than just about any other food that you may pick to eat and this can help with your circulatory system. Most folks already realize that cells begin to break down with time and the addition of antioxidants in your diet can help keep your cells far healthier for longer periods of time. You have to remember your parents telling you to make sure you eat your vegetables, that is mainly because this is extremely important for a healthy body. You may already understand that the majority of of the vitamins you need each day can be found in various vegetables, but you will also be able to find necessary potassium in vegetables as well. You will find that one of the vegetables we are talking about is broccoli, which is packed with potassium. You will additionally realize that a salad, made with spinach instead of lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients. Even though some of you love to have your snack foods, rather than reaching for the potato chips try getting some nuts. Almost all nuts will have a lot of protein and you can additionally find that many nuts and seeds will also provide your body with essential Omega-3 and Omega-6. These types of fatty acids are necessary to helping your body produce the proper amounts of hormones your body needs for a healthy way of life. One thing you may not recognize is that a variety of hormones that you need will only be able to be developed when you have these types of fatty acids. With regards to sitting down to supper you should in addition think about lean proteins and also fish such as salmon. The fact that salmon is also full of Omega-3 is just one of the reasons why it is a good choice, but it also contains other necessary nutrients you’ll need. Protein is essential for your diet, however you don’t have to eat a lot, as a 3 ounces is all you really need. It’s also wise to trim off any excess fat that you find on the particular meats that you’re planning to eat. Furthermore when it comes to having a dessert after your meals you should consider having various citrus fruits. Citrus fruits additionally provide you with vitamin C, as well as other vitamins and minerals that can help keep you healthy. One desert that I have always liked is orange pieces mixed together with shredded coconut and mixed together with a gentle honey dressing. If you decide that your health is important to you, you should take these tips to heart. Also if you cut out all the unhealthy food that you shouldn’t be eating anyway, you may find that you could end up living a longer life.