Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup.
You can cook Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup using 30 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup
- You need of Base.
- You need of Hunk of butter (or oil).
- Prepare 1 of onion, diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 3 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 tsp of flour.
- It’s Splash of wine.
- Prepare 1 cup of stock (chicken/pork/veggie all work).
- Prepare of Bouquet Garni (herb bundle).
- You need of Cheesecloth.
- Prepare of Butcher’s twine.
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves, broken.
- Prepare 2 of allspice.
- Prepare 2 of star anise.
- Prepare 4 of cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black peppercorns.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fenugreek.
- It’s 1 of dried chili pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s of The Soup.
- Prepare 1 cup of dry lentils (green or yellow).
- It’s 1 of Tupperware of leftover roasted ham, diced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala (optional).
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- Prepare of Chopped fresh cilantro.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- You need of Croutons.
Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup instructions
- Cook your lentils. Wash dry lentils thoroughly (all sorts of weird stuff turns up in dry lentils, I found a piece of wood in mine). Add to a large pot of boiling water, boil for half an hour and drain, reserving water..
- Make your herb bundle. Double layer a square of cheesecloth. Lay all the things you don’t want to chew in the middle. Bundle it up, tying with butcher’s twine. Do not make my mistake and include veggie stalks – I thought it would be an easy way to impart more flavour, but forgot they would expand and stretch out the cheesecloth..
- Make your base. Melt some butter; sauté onions, carrots, etc. until soft. Add the herb bundle, push it around for a bit, then toss it in the soup pot. Add minced garlic, cooking briefly. Add flour and cook until nutty. Splash in the wine, scraping the bottom of the pan to get the good bits while letting the alcohol evaporate. Slowly incorporate stock..
- Amass the soup! Add your delicious veggie mixture to a crock pot or large soup pot. Add the cooked lentils. Add the reserved lentil water until everything looks a bit too runny. Add cumin and garam masala, if using, and salt and pepper. Cook on low for as long as you’ve got (1-3h) on low heat..
- Get some texture. Dig out the herb bundle and 2 cups of soup. Purée the rest with a hand blender. Return veggies. Fry ham (with basting sauce, if you still have it) and add..
- Garnish and serve!.
Your State Of Health Can Be Impacted By The Foods You Choose To Eat Many folks do not understand that the foods you choose can either help you to be healthy or can adversely effect your health. It’s also advisable to comprehend that there are foods that you’ll want to avoid at all costs and that would be the majority of food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. The foods that you receive from these fast food places are usually foods that are extremely unhealthy, loaded with fat and usually have little to no nutrition. You will be pleased to know that we are going to tell you a few of the foods that you ought to be eating every day. Your state of health can be greatly enhanced by simply eating plenty of berries. You will realize that most berries have huge amounts of Vitamin C that you must know is good for your body. Additionally, you will find that berries have antioxidants which is not just beneficial to your circulatory system but in addition for your basic health as well. Another thing you will notice that these antioxidants can help you with is actually keeping your cells healthy, this can help one’s body to fight off many different diseases. While most of you have been told time and time again that vegetables are good for you, and there is a very good reason why. You may already realize that most of the vitamins you need everyday can be found in various vegetables, but you will also be able to find necessary potassium in vegetables as well. One of the vegetables that can provide the potassium you’ll need is broccoli. You will additionally find that a salad, made with spinach instead of lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients. Also when you are searching for a snack to hold you over between meals, reach for a handful of nuts or perhaps seeds. You will come to find that these snack items are usually loaded with Omega-3 and Omega-6, although some nuts and also seeds will have more than others. Your entire body will use these types of fatty acids as a building block for creating hormones which your body needs to stay healthy. If you do not get the fatty acids you will need your body will actually not be able to produce a number of of the hormones that it requires. Your main meals should also include fish such as salmon or lean proteins, as these will also be in a position to help your health. The great thing about salmon is that as well as other nutrients it’s also loaded with Omega-3. And whenever it comes to lean protein, you should keep in mind that you only will need about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. So that you can reduce your fat intake you ought to cut off any noticeable fat before you cook the meats. Everybody likes to have dessert following their meals and if you are one of those people you may want to consider some citrus fruit. Citrus fruits additionally supply you with vitamin C, together with other vitamins and minerals that can certainly help keep you healthy. One thing you may want to try for one of your desserts will be to mix coconut with orange sections and top the mixture off with a teaspoon of honey. For those of you who want to get started living a much healthier life the tips above are able to help you do that. Something that you need to actually avoid is all of the processed foods which you can purchase in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.